Open Door Backstage launches!
We’re looking for young people based in London and the East Midlands who are excited about pursuing a career in production and backstage.
Fancy working in costume for stage and screen? Designing or building sets? Lighting and sound? Do you have an artistic eye for video or scenic design? Or even to make big and beautiful props? What about being a stage Manager?
These are industries that want you, and we could help get you there!
We know how difficult and expensive the process of applying for some of these courses can be, so we want to help by giving you the support you need so you can go into your interviews feeling prepared, confident, and without any worry of financial strain. And it’s all free!
Successful applicants will receive:
• Six free interviews at the UK’s leading drama schools; RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, Royal Central School of Speech & Drama and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
• Free travel to any the drama school interviews outside of your region
• Mentoring from top industry leaders
• A series of bespoke workshops led by top industry professionals
• Free theatre trips followed by group discussions
• Bursary and funding advice
In order to apply for Open Door you will need to:
• Be aged 18-25 (18 by 15th December)
• Be based in London or the East Midlands
• Have an annual family household income of £30,000
• Not currently hold a degree
• Have a commitment in production as a career goal
• Want to apply for a production course (2019 intake)
Sound good? Find out more and apply now at opendoor.org.uk